Free for schools, Microsoft’s Office 365 offers faculty and students exciting new ways to collaborate. Easy to administer and even easier to use, Microsoft’s Office 365 is backed by the robust security and guaranteed reliability you expect from a world class service provider. With email, instant messaging, calendar, video conferencing, document storage and more, Office 365 offers powerful cloud-computing technology, anytime, anywhere.
Office 365 for Education gives students and teachers the tools they need to be successful
With Office 365 teachers can conduct online classes, record them, and share with anyone who is online or offline. Teachers can also keep your students informed and on track with Class and Group sites with SharePoint Online 2012 where you can share documents and collaborate on projects from any location. You can view, edit, and share Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote files online with your students through SharePoint and Office Web Apps. This allows teachers to create and distribute student assignments and projects.
No need to learn new software
Office 365 works with the Microsoft Office tools teachers and students already count on. The rich set of privacy, security, and protection capabilities built into Office 365 keeps user and project information safe. Microsoft also provides 24 by 7 global support for subscribers in your local language.
Ideas for use
- Develop lesson plans and share them with other teachers
- Keep up with student work with their online digital notebook
- Record lessons and post them on a class site
- Foster technology skills in students to enable success in the workplace
- Use Lync and allow group members to collaborate online
- Work together in real time in Excel or OneNote anywhere
- Give tutoring sessions online using Lync
- Store documents on SharePoint and access them through a mobile device
- Easy to use document creation tools to create quality reports, spreadsheets, and presentations
Operating system requirements
- Windows 7
- Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard), 10.6 (Snow Leopard), 10.7 (Lion)
- Windows Server 2008
- Internet Explorer 8 or above
- Latest Firefox
- Safari 5 or above
- Latest Chrome