Spark your students' creativity, engage their interest, and improve learning outcomes by creating and sharing music in the classroom with Songsmith. Songsmith automatically generates musical accompaniment for anyone's voice and can help you teach music, math, and many other subjects in innovative new ways. Sometimes helping kids “find their spark” is the hardest part of stimulating learning; Songsmith is a great way to encourage creativity.
Making creative learning easy
Songsmith is easy and fun to use. Just choose a musical style, sing into your PC’s microphone, and Songsmith will create backing music for you. You can share songs with classmates, post your songs online, or create your own music videos. No experience creating music? No problem! Songsmith can guide you through.
Use Songsmith to inject creative learning into almost any subject:
- Help students memorize multiplication tables
- Bring history lessons to life
- Bring a new twist to foreign language assignments
- Create innovative class projects
- Teach challenging musical concepts, such as how melodies and chords fit together
- Windows-based PC, running Microsoft Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP (with Service Pack 2 or greater).
- 1GB of RAM and a processor of at least 1GHz
- The Microsoft .NET Framework 3.0 is also required on Windows XP (it’s built into Windows Vista)
- A microphone for recording your voice – built in laptop microphone or desktop microphone, or built-in microphone from a webcam